Even before you were married you and your future husband promised each other that you would not purchase gifts for each other. It was not that you did not want to show each other how much you cared for one another, it was just that you wanted to save your resources for better purposes. From sightseeing adventures when you travel out of town for a family gathering to the ultimate Hawaii helicopter tours that you are considering for your fifth honeymoon, you have made sure that you are filling your lives with adventures instead of cluttering your home with stuff.
This upcoming trip to Hawaii is the perfect example of the reason that you have promised each other to give time, not gifts, and presence, not presents.
Are You a Collector of Things or a Collector of Memories?
Oahu Hawaii helicopter tours and other experiences on the big or little islands are not cheap, but if you are someone who avoids buying all of the clothes and knick knacks that fill our closets and our shelves then you might be more likely to have the resources that it takes to enjoy the best experiences that are available. Although the kinds of experiences that are available in various locations around the country, continue some of these facts and figures about the island of Hawaii and what it has to offer:
- 597 square miles is the size of the island of Oahu in Hawaii.
- On any given day in 2016, there were nearly 220,000 visitors to Hawaii.
- By 2017, Hawaii saw a record of 9.3 million visitors, representing a 4.6% increase from the 2016 numbers.
- The island of Oahu, known as The Gathering Place is the third largest and most populated of the Hawaiian Islands.
- 96% of employees in America agree that taking vacations is important.
It can take a long time to gather all of the money necessary to take the vacation of a lifetime. For many couples and families, however, the decision to skip gift giving of items that only clutter a home is the first step in making the trip of a lifetime a reality.