Have you ever taken a limo? Whether you are going out of town or out for a night on the towns, renting limousines can have a lot of perks. It can also save you a lot of stress. They say that being in stressful traffic for just 20 minutes can make you ore prone to chronic stress. That can lead to other health problems including physical and mental exhaustion. Spend 35 minutes or more in bad traffic and you can become a more bitter and cynical person.
Tips for Renting Limousines:
- Travel with friends. The rate a limousine service charges is for the car, not the individuals in the car. So, the more of you there are the cheaper it is for everyone. You can all ride in style together and everyone gets to the airport in time and safely.
- You have more than one option. People tend to think of stretch limousines when they envision limos but you do have several other options. A larger limo company will have multiple kinds of cars for hire. You have the classic stretch limos but also stretch SUVs, party buses, custom built trolleys and more. Some smaller limousine companies may not have all of those available but you can ask. They probably will not have this but the fastest limo was a Ferrari. It could reach speeds of up to 166 miles per hour.
- Verify what is included in their quote. Often companies that rent limousines lump everything in their quote, that includes the fee for the driver, the cost of the fuel and a tip for good service. Make sure you know what you are paying for up front. You might want to specifically ask, if everything is included in the quote. Then you will avoid any unpleasant surprises at the end of your ride.
- Talk to several companies with limousines and negotiate with all of them. Some limo companies throw in “extras” that you end up being charged an arm and a leg for. Make sure you are explicit about what you want and do not want. The terminology in the “biz” is to ask if the vehicle is “iced.” These limousines come with champagne or other also other alcohol that will end up costing you a lot in the end. Make sure you and the limousine company are on the same page when it comes to the extras you do and do not want. You can ask if you can stock your limo with what you want to eat and drink rather than letting them do it. Some will let you but some will not so make sure you check. This can lead to an unpleasant end to an otherwise nice ride.
- Consider renting limousines for special occasions. Sometimes you want to get out with your friends and no one wants to have to drive. Make your special night out with your friends special by going all out and renting a limousine. When you get your friends together, renting limousines can be comparable to getting a car service. This can be really good for bachelor and bachelorette parties where you know there will be drinking. You can make sure everyone gets to each stop safety and securely while having a fun night out on the town. This can be a great way to get around in style.
- Avoid cars companies that want you to pay 50% of the final bill up front. This is a scam. Normally, the range is anywhere from 20 to 50% but when limousine companies want 50% or more, they usually throw in those extras that will run up your bill. These limousines are to be avoided at all costs. This is also one reason it pays to shop around.
Renting limousines can feel ostentatious but it can also transform a special evening or event into a real memorable experience for you and your friends or family. Consider the next time you have travel planned or want to spend the night out with your friends and make sure everyone gets home safely. That way everyone can really enjoy their night out on the town in true style.